ISSN: 2249-3433
Editorial Board
 
Tell a Friend
 
Vol-4 Issue-2
1. Nature Talk
2. A perspective on the ASI
3. Adivasi Voices in an age of Investment-Induced Displacement
4. Kapilas:A Centre of Cultural Activities
5. Naxalite Movement in Tribal Areas of India: Causes and Suggestions
6. Planning From Below
7. R.P.I. Okenrentie And His Contributions To The Development Of Art Music In Bendel State, Nigeria
8. Back to swidden cultivation: A Case Study of the Juang of North Odisha, India
9. Tribal World In Transition: A Study On Odishan Tribes
10. Books and Blurbs
11. News

 Movies-



 Other Issues-


Perspective

Naxalite Movement in Tribal Areas of India: Causes and Suggestions
Joshua, Lalit Latta

 

    

    India’s population has a diverse religion, culture, and creed. Among them, the tribal people have a separate place of identity that is recognized due to their unique culture. As per Census, 2001, around 8 crore 43 lakh tribals live in India, which is 8.2 per cent of India’s total population. Among them, most of the tribals are living in remote rural areas ( hills / forests ) 91.7 per cent and remaining 8.3 per cent lives in urban areas. Out of the total tribal population of India, around 68 per cent live mainly in the seven states, viz.; 14.5 per cent in Madhya Pradesh, 10.2 per cent in Maharashtra, 9.7 per cent in Orissa, 8.9 per cent in Gujarat, 8.4 per cent in Rajasthan and Jharkhand, and 7.8 per cent in Chhattisgarh. The social and economic conditions of the tribals have always been pathetic due to their living mainly in remote rural areas and even after 63 years of India’s independence, the Indian tribal people are still deprived of the basic necessities such as food, clothing, healthcare, irrigation, education, employment etc.

........ more

Sign In to view the complete article.
Visiting for the first time, click Register.

Why should you register?
1. You get notified when a new article or a new issue is available.
2. You can read complete articles.
3. You can write reviews and comments on each article.
4. It helps us to improve and provide you with the latest information.


Sign in for comments
Previous Comments:


Articles in
Vol-4 Issue-2
1. Nature Talk
2. A perspective on the ASI
3. Adivasi Voices in an age of Investment-Induced Displacement
4. Kapilas:A Centre of Cultural Activities
5. Naxalite Movement in Tribal Areas of India: Causes and Suggestions
6. Planning From Below
7. R.P.I. Okenrentie And His Contributions To The Development Of Art Music In Bendel State, Nigeria
8. Back to swidden cultivation: A Case Study of the Juang of North Odisha, India
9. Tribal World In Transition: A Study On Odishan Tribes
10. Books and Blurbs
11. News

 

Send in your comments, ideas & suggestions to
Email:managingeditor@etribaltribune.com
Postal: 64, Saraswati Kunja, Near Subhadra Villa, Jagamara, Khandagiri, Bhubaneswar-751030, Orissa, India

   Note to Article/Content Contributors: